April 8, 2011 12:06 am
Audrey Barron launches her new show Holistic Evolution. On her inaugural webisode she demonstrates how to make a simple and healthy salad.
That salad looks fantastic! Can you provide the full recipe with amounts for the ingredients?
As requested here is the full recipe with ingredient amounts:
Mediterranean Kale Salad
Yield: 3 cups (2 to 3 servings)
• ½ bunch kale, de-stemmed (about 1 cup packed) and cut into thin ribbons (chiffonade)
• 1/8 head cabbage, shredded (1 ¼ cups)
• 2 tablespoon red onion, finely julienned
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 tablespoon light miso
• ½ tablespoon lemon juice, fresh squeezed
• ½ tablespoon orange juice, fresh squeezed
• 1 tomato, diced
• ½ tablespoon raw honey
• ½ red jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (or substitute a dash cayenne pepper)
• 1 teaspoon onion powder
• ½ teaspoon powdered mustard
• ½ teaspoon crushed garlic
• 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
• ¼ cup pine nuts
• 2 tablespoon oil-packed capers, optional
• ¼ cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped, optional
• 2 tablespoons dulse flakes, optional
• For the dressing: Combine the oils, miso, lemon juice, orange juice, honey, onion powder, mustard powder, and crushed garlic in a bowl and use a whisk to combine. In a large bowl, massage the kale well for a couple of minutes to soften.
• Add the cabbage, tomato, jalapeno, pine nuts and red onion to the bowl of softened kale. Pour the dressing over the mixture, toss, and season with salt to taste. Garnish with the optional capers, dulse and olives and serve
• This salad is best served immediately, but it can also be stored in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
• Eat and enjoy with the ones you love!
Click here to cancel reply.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Copyright © 2023 City360tv. All Rights Reserved.